Saturday, May 17, 2008

Renewed Faith

I have been going through a rough time the last month and to be honest I have been having trouble with my faith! It has felt like I have been in this same storm for the last 4 - 5 years of my life and it started to seem endless to me. I have been in this restless place of knowing what I want in my life and yet I have had to follow God so He can take me through the journey His way to get where I am supposed to end up. Its been a hard journey and I guess you could say that through the process my faith started struggling. I just didn't know if my time was ever going to come or if I was forever just going to be giving and obeying God! 

Everyone has been telling me these last two months that my time of receiving was coming but I just haven't been able to see it at all. Until I got here to Malaga, Spain! My team was having a time of intercession/worship on Wednesday and lets just say God showed me that miracles do really happen after all...to ME! People started praying out things that they needed to lay down to God and God started sweeping us onto our knees. My classmate, Autumn, that was just recently healed from a broken back three weeks ago, said that were was something God was telling her to do so she was just going to do it. She grab her camera, stood up, and handed it to me, saying God wants me to give this to you! 

God had actually told her three days ago to do it but she wanted to make sure it was God...as I think all of us would. Her faith had just been restored when God healed her recently so now she has the faith to know that God can give her a new one and she just needed to step out in this. God was using her that just had her faith restored in the same situation I was in to restore my faith! It was all a part of God's longtime planning! 

However, that isn't the end of this story! I have also been asking God to heal my body for longer then I can count and I didn't see it changing! As everyone continued to vocally lay things down to God, God continued to touch me in ways I haven't felt for a while. He kept pushing me to speak out what He was doing in my life at that moment for my team to hear but I just didn't know how. After about 30 minutes of putting it off I started talking about the season i have been in and out of no where I started telling my team that I was heal. The fact is that I'm pretty sure that I have been for 2 weeks or so but its just been so long that I was scared to say it in fear of it not really being true! In order for me to start believing it though God needed me to speak it over my life in front of everyone! 


[Royal Palace in Paris, France]


I still have some recovering to do physically that might take a while but I know that if I keep going through this process with God that I will come out on top being totally healed of everything that has been wrong with me! I can also say that in life I feel like I can declare that this is my time and my season of receiving from God what He really has in store for my life. I know that God is going to change everything in life for me and I'm going to come out completely different. Finally in life this is My Time and I'm excited for the journey as hard as it might continue to be! 

No comments: