Monday, October 6, 2008

A New Thing!

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise." 
-Isaiah 43:19 - 21


This month has definitely been a challenge but such an amazing time in my life. Personally I have been stretched and pushed to new limits as I have helped co-lead this team, along with facing the obstacles in this project. God has taken me to a whole new level in life spiritually, emotionally, and mentally! It feels like I have seen a totally new light in my life and I have concurred a mountain. God told me before I left home that He was doing a new thing in me and that is exactly what He did! I have never had so much passion, desire, and anticipation before in my life!
God has also provide so much throughout this whole thing. Seeing the steps that have lead up to me coming here just blows me away and I can see God's hand all over my life. There are still needs in life but honestly when is there not a need for something else. What matters is that I can see how God has always provided and all I need is me and God to be together so I can concur anything that is in front of me. 
While I've been here doing all this its confirmed everything that I've longed to do in my life long term. Being in the villages using media as a tool like this to help them and the world is exactly what I want to do in the future in Africa. God has really used this time to show me that and given me some experience in doing so. Allowing me to see that the desires He has put in my heart can actually be done and make a difference in life. That its just about the timing of Him releasing me into that calling full time!


Identity Restored

There is no way for us to say that we are doing this project without all of it being a God thing! There have been many times that we've planned to go to a certain village only for the people to tell us that it wasn't a good time or something else was going on then. We spent a lot of time taking the whole thing back to God and say where, what, and how do You want us to do this. Putting it back into God's hands every time and waiting for Him to move the mountains. He has been faithful every time and we have seen His hand on this project so much opening all the right doors at the right time and leading us every step of the way.


Everything with the video has been a challenge from the very start and we have had to get creative in order to get the material we need. I have always believed that God will use the equipment that I have no matter how old or non professional it might be. It always makes things that much more of a God thing then a human thing. We have been using a little sony handy camcorder and a high tech voice recorder for all the filming so far which has actually been working great. We have been working on getting all the interviews with the indigenous people and exactly what God wants us to get in order to capture it the way it needs to be seen by the indigenous people. 


God has been providing so much and opened a lot of doors. In October we have a guy coming here to give us a professional video camera and the top quality video editing software there is, which was one of our biggest concerns. We will then be able to get the other shots we need for the video and put it all together by the end of this year. We are using this next month to get all the interviews we need, translating all of them, and getting all the photographs we need. So we can be wrapped up with that part of the project by the middle of November and can spend the last two months putting everything together. 

No comments: