Friday, July 4, 2008

San Jose, Costa Rica

Before I came to Costa Rica, I went home to be in a wedding and God really used that time to speak to me in so many ways. The biggest thing God told me to do the second I got to Costa Rica was to go big, bold, and strong the last travel month of this school. So that is exactly what I set out to do. I was so excited to get back with my team and finish the travel part and move onto the publication part of the school.



Costa Rica was all about getting to know the worldview, culture, and lifestyle of Latin America. We lived in the YWAM base in San Jose neighborhood, which aloud us to see the life of the families and community around us in a real way. For most of the time we stayed out of the tourist areas and were able to just connect with the people in the neighborhoods. We spent time on the University campus doing survey questions, so we could see what things are like looking through the eyes of being Latino and growing up in a Latino country. They were really open to us and shared a lot about their lives. 








While we were here God really pulled me aside and had me spent time with Him looking at the future vision that He for me, sealing everything He had already done in my life, and drawing me closer to Him. It was amazing to really just be quit with God and see everything that He poured into my heart. I spent time with God in random little things like watching the movie "The End of the Spear", which God used to show me even more that my heart is to only be in Africa but in the jungles and villages of Africa where most people don't go. He really lit a new and amazing passion within me to live out the God given dream I have always had. He also taught me that having quit times was just about sitting down, reading the Bible, and praying. But it was simply about getting alone with Him even if that means going for a run, listening to music, journaling, or watching a movie. Its important to be in God's word daily but there is more to quit time then that. There are times in our lives that God just wants to get alone with us and speak to us through different things, which is exactly what He did during this month. 




No comments: