Tuesday, July 29, 2008

God's Unexpected Changes

My team is in Kona, Hawaii now were they will be putting together the publication to raise awareness for the injustices around the world that we have seen, experienced, and studied over the last nine months. I was planning on meeting them there after our summer break but God seemed to have a different plan for me! As I said before God really pulled me aside and was speaking to me so much while we were in Costa Rica. During those quit times the two weeks before we all left for outreach God started showing me why He put me on this school, which was to see God, myself, and the world in a completely new way. Then He started speaking to me that i had come to that place of seeing those things happen and He was releasing me from the school to move on to something else He would reveal to me in His time. I realized it was harder for me to leave my team then to stay with them because I was comfortable with them and had the next year of my life planned out. Yet I knew that if I could walk by faith in everything else in my life, I could trust Him in this too even though I was scared to death to do it. I knew He would give me the strength to leave my team and move on o whatever He had for me next. 

While I was on outreach in Panama City, Panama, the base administer started talking to me about coming and putting together a publication about the indigenous people. At first I completely wrote the idea off and thought he was crazy because I didn't have experience in something like that. However, the week after outreach I knew that was the unexpected door God was telling me He was going to open to me that I wouldn't have been able to open myself or think to open. So, I am heading home for about a month to rest, prepare, and wait on God. Then the first of August I'm heading down to Panama to work with a team on a publication about the indigenous people. There are so many things in life that these people need their voices to be heard over, so we are setting up a team to work in the six major villages that are in Panama to understand the culture, hear the stories, and capture their lives with photography and film. We are planning on spending 2-4 months gathering everything and putting it all together, along with praying that God provides all the money, equipment, and people to put this project together! 

No comments: